Eating fresh.

A couple of months ago I bought the book, SuperFoods by Steven Pratt and Kathy Matthews and everywhere I look reference to it has been popping up. Do you remember eating oranges? I remember believing how much better cut up oranges were to peeled ones. The best part was sucking the juice out and leaving all the pulp and white and I guess orange attached to the peel. According to the book, eating the peel is actually good for you as it contains an oil called limonene - so I am eating the now - well bits of it.

In case you are wondering...the SuperFoods are:
  1. Beans
  2. Blueberries
  3. Brocolli
  4. Oats
  5. Oranges
  6. Pumpkin
  7. Wild salmon
  8. Soy
  9. Spinach
  10. Tea
  11. Tomatoes
  12. Turkey
  13. Walnuts
...so eat up - it's good for you!

Today was another "big day" for Courtney. She now goes potty herself when she wakes up from night in the morning and from her nap. Just goes to show, repetition and reward do work! Yeah for Courtney! Of course, this means that all her pants are back to being way to big for her - seems like even the extra cm's from the diaper helped keep her pants up. I popped her on the scale and she is still 23 lbs - maybe close to 24 as the numbers were flickering. We have another Dr. checkup on June 8th and I really hope that she's gained to avoid another round of tests.

Comments

Popular Posts