Day 8 - Staples in the kitchen

If you are thinking of doing a quick Asian stirfry and asian style cooking, keep these items in your pantry.

-Soy Sauce - I prefer Kimlan to Kikkoman as it's sweeter and not as salty - but I've not been to a chinese grocery store in ages - so I take what I can get.
-Sesame Oil
-Cooking Wine ( I think you can substitute with a sherry type liquor)
-Maple Syrup

I have been using various mixtures of these ingredients to create a simple and sure to please sauce and seasoning.

It's pretty much good on anything and everything. The best part of it is that you can use it without a marinade step, so just slosh some on the last couple minutes of cooking. Start off with a mix of about 1T of each and 1t of sesame oil.

Check it out - last night's dinner. Nice and light, steamed rice, butternut squash and carrots with shrimps with the above sauce.


Comments

Popular Posts