I should probably iron the dress but I know Courtney is going to pull it on again when she gets back from school. Yeah! I added some trim (which also needs a good press). The dress fits well, I made size 110 and hangs well too. I used some Japanese fabric that has reversible (both sides) dots. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out though I did have some puckering on the neckline probably because I used to0 heavy of an interface. I also shortened the tie as the trim I used wouldn't look that great if tied into a bow at the back. This is the first "thing" that I've made from my collection of Japanese Sewing books. Though I don't read japanese, what they say is true, if you've followed a few patterns before, you can fuddle your way though. The tracing out and adding in the seam allowance wasn't too bad and was surprisingly relaxing for me.

We'll be off to France next week for March break so other than making a few hostess gifts, I'll be taking a break and starting to pack and re-pack and prepare for our holiday.

If anybody has some good ideas of hostess gifts, either made or bought...please share...other than maple syrup ( I've got that on my list!).

Oh dear, Jeremy is still awake. Seems the afternoon nap is getting trickier. He doesn't always go straight to sleep and by the time he does...it's time to wake him up. Have I mentioned how I just hate waking up babies?

Comments

John said…
Hey Jenn! I just wanted to stop by to thank you for the fat quarter you sent! I love it! Thanks again. John

Popular Posts