In Ottawa

This past weekend, I took a short trip to Ottawa to partake in a spa bridal shower. It was just a small group. We went up to Chelsea, which is the entrance point to Gatineau Park in Quebec to relax at Le Nordik Spa en Nature. We tried out the Nordik baths and it was surprisingly fun and refreshing. Imagine an outdoor spa setting with pools, whirlpools and a wet and dry sauna. Plus, there were firepits and cozy retreats to relax and unwind between sessions. We concluded our experience with a dark chocolate fondue. Then we went out for a late dinner at a small Italian restaurant in Little Italy back in Ottawa.

It was nice to have a little get away and not worry or be entwined with the kids. It was also really nice to see my parents. My dad is due for another little surgery shortly, so it was good to see him and spend some time with them. You can't tell in the photo, but my mom loves to garden and her front garden is just coming into bloom. In a few weeks, it will be awash in colour.

Aren't they cute?


In a few weekends, my brother will be getting married in Saskatchewan. I've started a new exercise program to try and lose some weight. My plan is to buy something to wear last minute. I'm really hoping to go this weekend to check out the new Anthropologie that just opened up North Toronto offf the DVP at The Shops of Don Mills. Of course, if I really think about it, realistically, I should get something this weekend and just be prepared for it. I'm never good with clothes last minute anymore. I had planned on making something myself, but I'm going to let myself off the hook.

Oh, before I forget to mention, I did go to the Creativ Festival show and did some research on sergers. I was set to get a Babylock serger but the price was really really steep. I scored a used one off kajiji and have been having fun with it. It's so nice to have serged seams. I haven't tried knits yet...but I'm sure I'll work up to it.

Here are some pants in action.

Comments

Popular Posts