Layer Cake quilt


Here is my first quilt that I made using a layer cake? with moda fabrics. It went really quick as it was all cut for me. I was lucky to pick up the layer cake at 40% off, but I'm not sure if the convenience would be worth the regular price. I can probably just devote a day or two and just cut things up and then have it all bundled up like a homemade layer cake. All in all, it took a couple of hours of mad sewing, quilting and binding. It is very lofty because of the batting I used ( aka forgot to buy it so had to use what I had on hand), but it's very comfortable and I like how it has a more comforter look and feel to it. It's definitely harder to sew with the bulk. Still, I'm happy with how it turned out and especially that I was able to bring it down for my mom last weekend as an early Mother's Day present. I'm really hoping to make a few more quilts this summer, but they won't be really fancy. I've realized that I'm more of a quick and dirty kind of quilter. Given the way that I do things...maybe I shouldn't even say it's quilting, a real quilter might just look too close and have a heart attack.

Comments

Popular Posts