Scallops with orzo


When I was in Calgary, I tried orzo pasta for the first time. It was great. It looks like rice but is actually tinyish pasta. You kind of cook it like a risotto. I didn't use cream, but just some 1% milk as that is all that I had and some low sodium chicken broth which I now always have on hand. There is something about chicken or even vegetable broth that gives food a bit more depth. I also didn't dice the mushrooms and left them quartered which I also will probably continue to do, as I good friend told me, they are a lot tastier and juicier that way. Of course, if you are not a fan of mushrooms, I'm told that the size of the mushroom doesn't alter it's texture.

The scallops were a nice touch, but you could probably top it with anything.

Oh, and in case you are wondering, Courtney eats all this stuff now. I just mini size her portion and if I'm feeling nice, I will separate out the obvious. Now that Jeremy is really getting the hang of chewing, we'll all be on the same food soon. He did have some probably getting all the individual grains of orzo, so maybe he would need it a bit creamier.

Comments

Popular Posts