It has been a long time

I know. It has been a long time since I have posted and now it's nearly September. The summer has flown by. This weekend, we had the pleasure to attend a wedding of one of Ja's childhood friends. He's know the guy since nursery school. To me, that is so cool to know someone that long and to have stayed in touch. Staying in touch is not the same as it was in my twenties. Now in my mid-thirties and with kids, I find that it's hard to stay in continual touch. I've accepted the fact that the somewhat regular intervals ie. 2-3 times a year with hopefully one face to face in person contact is the minimum of what is needed to stay in touch. Mind you, this is for good friends. Ones that just feel right when you finally do see them or talk to them. Ones where you don't feel the need to know every detail of what you've missed, but do feel a pang of sadness in yourself that you weren't there for all the details and important stuff. Ones, where when you are back together time works in your favour. It feels long and rich when it needs to be, every minute counts and a couple of days or hours feels longer than what is physically is. But, life does go on and in my older age, I'm just not suited to be able to really handle all the details of everyone's life. I used to have such a fantastic memory, but with each season, each child and each addition of a friend's child, my short term memory just isn't as good as it was before. But, back to the wedding. It was a wonderful experience. Our first hindu ceremony. I loved the richess of it, the tradition of it, the mystery of it, and all the ideas that is stands for, the love of couples, the love of parents, and the love of togetherness and also how it brings friends together, forces us all to get together in the same space at the same time. Very nice and so lucky that Ja has friends so that I experienced it. Until the next generation of weddings... the ones where we are the really old geezers, there are only a handful of weddings that we'll probably get the pleasure of attending, and I look forward to them.

Oh, here is a near completion shot of our new mud room. It's clean and tidy and a bit more modernish for us. We cleaned out half the garage over the weekend to allow for one car to park inside so we'll be using this new space more too.




Enjoy the rest of this wet sunday.

Comments

Popular Posts