Desperately seeking St. Joseph

So, our house has been on the market for over 6 weeks and to be honest between you and me, I didn't think it would take this long to sell. I love our house and the smaller yard has worked for us, if it weren't for the wanting to put a big pool in, we would stay here forever. Our realtor tells us that feedback has been good, and no haters. Some folks saying its not what they are looking for, fair enough. The market has been quiet and with the sun finally out to stay ( fingers crossed), I am hopeful that we will have a SOLD sign up soon. Sold.Sold.Sold - there I've put it out in the universe.

It't interesting putting your house up for sale. For me, it makes me a bit more stressed, anxious, and fixated on the desire to sell the house. I troll online regularly to see what has come up on the market, what has sold recently, what hasn't. It probably just adds to the stress. Ja tells me to not think about it and to not worry, but how can I not?

It's lucky that we packed up so much, and have trained the kids to mostly tidy up after themselves, so keeping the house tidy and clean hasn't been too bad. Just before we put the house up, I bought the new dyson slim vacuum and I love it. It has made cleaning the house so much easier and for once, the floors are clean of bits of debris, which I have to say the swiffer products just don't handle well.

We have until the summer to sell, but I'd like to stop cleaning, so if someone can please locate a St. Joseph's statue, I would sure appreciate it. It's told that burying one on ones property and can help speed up a sale of a house. I'm not supersticious, but anything to help suits me just fine.

But until then, we'll just keep watering the lawn to keep it green, buy pretty flowers for the rooms, and clean clean clean. Oh, throw in a bit of wishing and hoping too.

Comments

Christy said…
Hang in there. The right family will find you. We are packing up right now- new house is being painted as I type- in fact- must get off the computer and go hit the 2nd floor. :)

Popular Posts